Saturday 30 August 2008

A DEER IN SPRING


“Him that I love, I wish to be free – even from me.” – Anne Morrow Lindbergh

For Song Saturday, a magnificent song by Italian singer/songwriter Riccardo Cocciante: “Cervo a Primavera” (1980). Enjoy!


A Deer in Spring

And I shall be reborn
A deer in Spring,
Or rather, I’ll become
A seagull of the reef,
With nothing more to forget
With no more questions to ask,
Just a space to occupy.

And I shall be reborn
My friend, you who understand me
I’ll transform myself into someone
Who can no longer fail –
A partridge of the mountain
Who flies and doesn’t dream
In a leaf or in a chestnut.

And I shall be reborn
My dear friend, oh, my friend,
And I’ll find myself
With no pens nor plumes,
No fear of falling,
Intent only on soaring
Like an eternal migratory bird…

And I shall be reborn
Without any complexes or frustrations,
My friend, I’ll listen
To the symphonies of the seasons
With a definite role to play,
So happy to have been born
Between sky and earth and infinity…

CERVO A PRIMAVERA

E io rinascerò
Cervo a primavera
Oppure diverrò
Gabbiano da scogliera
Senza più niente da scordare
Senza domande più da fare
Con uno spazio da occupare...

E io rinascerò
Amico che mi sai capire
E mi trasformerò in qualcuno
Che non può più fallire
Una pernice di montagna
Che vola eppur non sogna
In una foglia o una castagna...

E io rinascerò
Amico caro, amico mio
E mi ritroverò
Con penne e piume senza io
Senza paura di cadere
Intento solo a volteggiare
Come un eterno migratore...

E io rinascerò
Senza complessi e frustrazioni
Amico mio, ascolterò
Le sinfonie delle stagioni
Con un mio ruolo definito
Così felice di esser nato
Tra cielo terra e l'infinito...

No comments:

Post a Comment