Saturday 22 January 2011

MEMORY OF OLD


“The leaves of memory seemed to make
A mournful rustling in the dark.” - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

A beautiful warm summer day in Melbourne today. In the morning, the usual routine, chores, shopping, gardening, fixing a few things around the house, going to the library. Then, we watched a film and in the afternoon/evening visited friends. Conversation turned to movies and songs and this group of the 90s was mentioned. One of my favourite groups from the UK, “Mike and the Mechanics”. Here is an excellent song of theirs that brings back many memories for me – happy and unhappy…



“You don’t need me you don’t need anyone at all, you lit the fire and watched the rise and fall 
– Mea Culpa…
You never know what’s in your heart until you look, take a look, just a take a look…
You can’t forgive me, you won’t forget me!
– Mea Culpa…”

2 comments:

  1. I had never heard this song before, Nicholas, and had only vaguely heard of this group. Excellent!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete