Friday 24 February 2012

TGIF


“One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one’s work is terribly important.” - Bertrand Russell
It’s been a hard week and I’m glad it’s Friday. I haven’t been feeling too well and I have been stretching myself a little too thin. I’ll take it easy this weekend and try to relax a little and get ready for another onslaught next week. Got home late as there was a long meeting at work that went until 6:00 pm. Having missed the 6:05 pm train I had to wait half an hour for the next one and didn't get home till 7:00 pm. It made for a long Friday.

To relax, I made an old fashioned drink. The glass may not have been in the freezer for three hours, but 10 minutes was long enough.

BRANDY CRUSTA
Ingredients
1   part dry vermouth
1   part brandy
1   part lemon juice
     ice, granulated sugar

Method
Put a martini glass in the freezer for at least three hours. Take the glass and wet the rim by running around it with a segment of lemon and frost the rim with the sugar. Shake the vermouth, brandy and lemon juice with ice, straining carefully into the sugar frosted glass.

1 comment:

  1. I got home from work on Friday and fell asleep before dinner :( Something is going wrong here - we must have the work/life balance out of kilter.

    Don't you ever think to yourself that if you are stretching yourself a little too thinly, you need to sit back and take stock? I know _I_ should.

    ReplyDelete