Saturday 23 June 2012

SONG SATURDAY - SAVVOPOULOS

“For everything you have missed, you have gained something else, and for everything you gain, you lose something else.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

A relaxing and restful day today, with the usual Saturday morning chores and the expedition to the shops. We were back at home by lunchtime and then as the day was cold and gray, we spent it indoors with the heater going full blast. Listening to music, watching a film, reading. A nice dinner in and before we knew it another Saturday was over. So also passes our life, over before we know it...

A wonderful song by Greek songwriter/singer Dionysis Savvopoulos. “I Saw Anna, Once Upon a Time”.


Είδα την Άννα Κάποτε

Την παιδική μου φίλη
Την είδα ξαφνικά
Να στέκει και να με κοιτά.
Αγάλματα κομμάτια
Στα μάτια της τα δυο,
Λησμονημένες πόλεις
Ναυάγια στο βυθό…

My childhood friend,
I saw her suddenly
Standing and looking at me.
Broken pieces of statues
Were in her eyes;
Forgotten cities,
Shipwrecks on the bottom of the sea…

1 comment:

  1. It's good to have a weekend chill out! I liked the song, it had great build up to the outro, although I couldn't fully understand the video!

    ReplyDelete