Saturday 11 May 2013

SONG SATURDAY - MAMMY BLUE


Mammy Blue
 
Oh mammy,
Oh mammy, mammy blue...
Mammy blue.
Oh mammy,

Oh mammy, mammy blue...
My mammy blue.
 
Now maybe our forgotten son,
Who wandered off at twenty one.
It's sad to find myself at home,
Why don't you come on around, now?
 
If I could only hold your hand,
And say I'm sorry, Yes I am.
I'm sure you'd really understand,
Oh! Where are you now?
 
The house we set up on the hill,
Its life is standing still.
And memories of my childhood,
Left in my mind.
 
I've been through all walks of life,

I've seen tired, deserted, lonely nights.

And now without you by my side,

How will I survive?


1 comment:

  1. Nicholas, I remember when this song was current and it affected me deeply then. Thankyou for reminding me of it!

    ReplyDelete